COVID-19 Economic Response plan:
View Canada’s Economic Response plan here.
EI and Emergency Support
Here are some of the benefits you may be eligible for:
- The government is waiving the one-week waiting period for those individuals in imposed quarantine.
- For additional information visit the E.I. website
Emergency Care Benefit:
- Intended for those who don’t qualify for EI, can’t go to work, and don’t have paid sick leave:
- Provides up to $900 every two weeks for up to 15 weeks, to those affected by COVID-19.
- Who can apply:
- Workers – including self-employed – who are quarantined or sick within with COVID-19
- Those staying home to take care of a family member with COVID-19 who doesn’t qualify
- Parents staying home to care for children because of school closures
For additional information visit the Canada Revenue Agency website
The Emergency Support Benefit: Intended to be a long-term income support
For additional information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website
GST Credit: A one-time special payment by early May close to $400 for single individuals and close to $600 for couples
Canada Child Benefit
- An increase of $300 per child as part of the May payment.
Canada Student Loans
- Placing a 6-month free moratorium on the repayment of Canada Student Loans for all individuals currently in the process of paying these loans
Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs)
- Reducing minimum withdrawals from RRIF by 25% for 2020